- Capacity building of base level field extension personnel through training and exposure visit to different institution inside and outside state.
- To create awareness among the farming community regarding new technology in cultivation through its field functionaries performing extensive field visit & organizing trainings & meetings.
- To develop interaction on farming among the farmers through progressive farmer groups.
- To increase the soil status by its extensive soil testing measures & guide to use PMS & Gypsum and green manuring like Dhanicha cultivation.
- To increase crop production by using of Bi-fertiliser & balance dose of Chemical fertiliser.
- To save the crops from pest & diseases by its e-pest surveillance wing & restricted use of PP Chemicals.
- To increase the irrigation potentiality through its JALANIDHI (PLIP), Farm Pond programme.
- To minimize the labour problems & save time it facilitate the extensive use of Agril. neries providing Agril. equipments in subsidized rate.
For better production in cultivation farmers oriented activities are organizing by the department such as:-
(a) Farm school, (b) Trainings, (c) Demonstration, (d) Field day, (e) Exposure visit, (f) Farmer felicitation through awards.
Soil health card programme
Programme & Achievement of soil sample collection under Soil Health Card 2017-18
|Sl. No||Name Of the Block||Target for 2017-18||No of soil sample collected||No of soil sample registered||No of soil sample tested||No of soil Health card printed||No of soil health card distributed|
CSBD 2nd crop demonstration :
Out of 500 ha. 300 ha. Mung and 200 ha. Biri. Both seed have already supplied to the blocks and other inputs order placed to the MD OAIC Ltd., Bhubaneswar for early supply. The following battery operated & manual sprayers have already been supplied at sale points.
|Sl. No.||Name of the block||Area Allotted(ha)||Mung covered(ha)||Biri covered(ha)||Battery operated sprayer (nos)||Manual Sprayer (nos)|