- The District Employment Exchange, Jharsuguda is functioning entire Revenue District of Jharsuguda since 04.06.1994.
- The main work assigned to the District Employment Exchange, Jharsuguda for registration of Job Seekers and Vocational guidance to the un-employed youths for Job in Govt. Sector and Private Sector.
- Due to un-employment situation the Govt. of Odisha has launched Employment Mission / OSDA since 2005.
- The District Employment Officer organizes Block Level Counseling camp regularly with support of District Administration to motivate un-employed candidates to undergo Placement Linked Training Programme in each Block.
- The District Employment Officer, Jharsuguda conducts District Level Job Fair, Mini Job Fair, Micro Job Fair regularly with the support of District Administration each year.
- Skill Development Training is imparted under Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA) in different trades like- Sewing Mechine Operator, Bed Side Assistant, Electrician, Plumber, Driving ( LMV), Retail and Sales etc.
- The PIA like Dalmia Bharat Foundation imparts Placement Linked Training in Sewing Mechine Operator and Bed Side Assistant at Skill Development Extension Centre , Jharsuguda Engineering School Campus, Jharsuguda. 1st batch training has been completed and 17 students moved to join in their Job at Bangalore. 2nd batch training is going on.
- The Skill Development Training Centre(SDC), Patrapali has already been handed over to PIA Gram Tarang, Jatani to impart Placement Linked Training Programme in the trade of Sewing Mechine Operator.
- The details data of registration, Submission, Placement & Live Register for last 2 years has been given below.
The details data of registration
||2019 ( as on 31.07.2019)
- Career counselling is given to the unemployed youth.
- Career talks are delevered by District Employment Officer at different Colleges and High Schools regularly.
- District Employment Officer regularly visits different private sector and public sector establishments to collect Employment Market Information (EMI) under Compulsory Notification and Vacancy Act.1959 Rule 1962.
- Timely submission of different stastical returns and reports, Assemby Question and RTI Information to DG&ET, New Delhi and Director of Employment, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
- Pre-recruitment training is organized in order to enhance the employbility quality of the candidates to participate in Army Recruitment Rally and Para Military Forces.
- District Employment Officer as Nodal Officer of Skill Development Training Programme inspects different Skill Development Training Centres of the district.